How to apply for visa?
You can apply for a short stay visa (Schengen visa) at the German embassy or consulate in your country 3 months before the competitions start. Make sure that you include the following documents in your application:
- Completed visa application form.
These can be obtained from the German embassy/consulate free of charge in the local language or downloaded from the website of the Germany embassy/consulate in your country. You can complete and file the form online before printing it out for the interview at the visa section.
- Valid passport + copy (travel document – must be valid at least 3 months after the date of intended visa period)
- Letter of invitation. RoboCup2016 only sends out a letter of invitation after your registration is complete, i.e. after you paid the registration fees.
- Evidence showing that you have sufficient means of support for your stay in Germany, transit journey, and/or return journey.
- Documents showing you have adequate medical travel insurance (with a minimum coverage of EUR 30,000 valid for the entire Schengen area).
- Proof of reservations for the journey.
- Documents which make the return to your country of origin or country of continuous residence plausible. Such as an employer’s statement, records of children attending school, proof of ownership of your own house and/or other immovable property.
- Two passport photographs (biometric, not older than 6 months).
Please note: An embassy or consulate may always ask you for extra documents or items.
Many German embassies/consulates have introduced an electronic appointments system to help manage the number of visitors to the mission and thus shorten waiting times.
All German embassies/consulates will electronically scan in applicants’ fingerprints when accepting visa applications.
Visa Fees: The fee for all types of visas is EUR 60.Exemptions may be possible. Please refer to the fees page of the German Federal Foreign Office for information.
Time required to process a visa application
As a rule, German embassies/ consulates require between two and ten working days to decide on an application for a short stay visa.
During the peak travel season there may be a waiting period for making an application to a German mission. Persons requiring a visa to enter Germany should therefore submit their applications in good time.
For more information, see the website of the German Federal Foreign Office.
Here you will also find answers to frequently asked questions concerning visa for Germany.
Please see the official list of the German Federal Foreign Office whether you will require a visa for your travel to Germany.
For questions about visa and your letter of invitation, please contact email@example.com.
Please note: The letter of invitation will only be sent if your registration is complete!