RoboCup 2016 Leipzig
Best Place for Robots and Friends
Leipzig is the “City of Science” for 2016. From 30 June to 3 July, 2016 advanced robots built by 3,500 participants from more than 40 countries will compete in a series of contests. An international showdown of the science and research elite.
The soccer-playing robots are a key highlight, but other robots will be performing equally impressive tasks in areas such as locating victims in disaster situations or interacting with people in their everyday lives.
Dates and Facts
- Competitions: 30 June to 3 July, 2016
- Symposium: 4 July, 2016
- Place: Leipziger Messe, Leipzig, Germany
- Participants: 3,500 (~500 teams) from more than 40 countries
- Visitors: approx. 40,000 (RoboCup 2013, Eindhoven/Netherlands)
- Contests: in approx. 20 different leagues
- Contest Area: 30,000 – 40,000 m²
- STEM Exhibition: 5,000 m²